2008 - Black Nubuck / Silver
- Flared heels are preferred because they provide more stability. While some of our product pictures show a slim heel, all our shoes come with a flared heel as pictured below. If you would prefer a slim heel instead of the standard IDS Flare Heel, call us at 1-888-844-4122 or 416-251-5998 after placing your order and we will make the change.
- The most common heel height is 2 1/2". Experienced dancers sometimes prefer a 3" heel, while new dancers or those with problem feet often prefer a 2" heel. Take into consideration your partnership height and your foot health when you are deciding on your heel height.
Stock Items: Stock items are shoes that we have in inventory. Currently that includes mid-range sizes in regular width of our most popular styles. In ladies shoes that also usually means a 2-1/2 inch heel as that is the most popular heel ordered. You can expect to receive a stock item in 4 to 8 business days depending on where you live in Canada or the U.S. International orders will likely take longer. We will accept returns on Stock items provided they are in the same condition in which you received them and can be resold. We can not accept returns on shoes that show wear on the soles.
Special Orders: We understand that there are many dancers that have feet that are either smaller, larger, wider or narrower. Because we want every dancer to have access to shoes that will fit, we offer our Special Orders. However, because it becomes hard to find another dancer to fit these special sizes and widths, we can not accept returns on special orders. You can expect a special order to take longer to receive as it will be made at the factory especially for you. Most special orders should arrive in 3-5 weeks.
|Shipping is a flat rate of $7, plus the following per item charges that varies depending on whether your order is being shipped to Canada* and the US*, or Internationally.|
Per Item Charges
|US and Canada*||$3||$1||$2||$1||$1|
|* Continental U.S. and Canadian Provinces only. Please add $4 for Hawaii, Alaska, and Canadian Territories.|
|Example (going to a Canadian or U.S. address*)|
|Base shipping charge||$7|
|1 pair of shoes||$3|
|3 CDs (3 x $1)||$3|
|1 shoe brush||$1|
|Total shipping charge||$14|
- All shoes have a chrome leather sole. It looks and feels like suede, but it is processed differently so that you get a rougher finish than ordinary suede and to provide the right amount of grip and traction and yet allow you to pivot freely (avoiding knee damage).
- Dance shoes have a much thinner and more flexible soles than street shoes.
- Dance shoes should fit glove like without pinching or squeezing. All dance shoes will stretch due to the heat of your feet, but leather will stretch more than fabric.
- Dance shoes are different than street shoes in more ways than just the sole. Our dance shoes have extra cushioning for shock absorption, and a steel shank that runs from the center into the heel for maximum support. Our shoes are also very light on your feet and are created to position your foot correctly and maintain balance.
- If the front of your foot feels squished when you wear high heels, your foot may be sliding forward. Check to see if there is a gap between the back of your heel - if there is, you are probably sliding forward. Consider a lower heel, or a shoe with an adjustable front that you can make it narrower. Also make sure you pick a shoe with an ankle strap. A small toe opening (peep toe) shoe will also keep your foot from sliding too far forward.
- To preserve the sole, do not wear dance shoes outside.
- Let your shoes air out after dancing. Do not put them in a plastic bag. Consider a proper shoe bag that will breathe.
- Do you have a tight spot or stress point on your shoe (ex. a bunion on one foot), heat the spot (off your foot) with a high dryer until it is warm. Put your shoes on after heating and walk around for about 10 minutes. The heat will make that one spot more susceptible to stretching. However, shoes can not be returned after this process.
- Eventually the soles become flat and shiny from dirt on the dance floor. Use a wire brush to fluff up the nap of the leather. How often you'll need to do this depends on where you dance. If other dancers are dancing in street shoes instead of dance shoes, they will track in more outside dirt that will effect the soles of your dance shoes. You can renew the bottom of your shoes with a replacement sole kit. Men's come with soles and heels, ladies with the front part only.
|Availability||Made to Order|
|Finish||Black Nubuck / Silver|
|Toe Area||Closed Toe|